Reestablishing social ties, learning, and discovering meaning in the new "post pandemic normal".


We performed surgery on a fully immunized, asymptomatic, RT-PCR+ patient for an entirely unrelated injury two days ago. Two years ago, it was too unsafe and risky to treat a SARS COV 2 (+) patient. Until the patient is determined to be non-infectious, treatment must be postponed. If the patient is lucky enough to survive COVID, that might take a few weeks or even a month. We can start the treatment quickly with vaccine, preventative measures, and PPEs. I also experienced some boring, uneasy, and strange feelings. I've been battling to adjust to this pandemic, and now I'm experiencing yet another disturbance. Adapting to the new, post-pandemic normal is a more desired, but not necessarily simpler, task than its predecessor.

XEM THÊM :
Game Bài B52 Đang Gây Bão Trên Cổng Game S777 Như Thế Nào?

We can all relate to each other's problems in the post-pandemic world. We were all aware that the COVID-19 restrictions would become the "new normal" or "new pandemic normal". To get through this pandemic, we diligently used and modified digital and electronic communications. Now that COVID dangers have been reduced thanks to immunizations and safety procedures, we're soon going to be considering face-to-face encounters. And what I witnessed is everything but the "old normal." I felt strange whether I was in a blended classroom, a new, strange-looking OR where everyone was wearing spacesuits, or dining outside with friends while it was raining hard. My dilemma now is how to adjust to this new, post-pandemic normal, even though it is much more desirable than its pandemic predecessor.

COVID-19 significantly altered how we interact with one another. During the epidemic, almost all of our social contacts were created and maintained digitally. "This pandemic cost me a couple excellent people, and all I can say online is RIP," stated Dr. M. Now that we are coming out of this pandemic, I'm still hesitant about physically and socially interacting, even with my family. "That's too damn shameful for my standards!" The tactile, mask-free hugs I'm used to are now a little uncomfortable. I continue to steer clear of family dinners out of concern for the virus.

T1. How will you rebuild social connections in the new post pandemic normal?

I enjoy teaching and learning "from a distance" as a distance education student, but I yearn for the clinics' "hands-on" teaching and the opportunity to provide lectures in person. I recently attended a training course where I had the difficult situation of not knowing how to simultaneously speak to a camera and a face-to-face audience. I found myself talking to myself.

T2. How will you continue teaching and learning in the new post pandemic normal?


One coworker stated, "I'm considering early retirement or even a different, less dangerous employment." He bemoaned, "I lost my purpose right there, gasping for oxygen at the COVID ICU. I can feel his plight. Although the pandemic severely curtailed my mother's access to healthcare, she did not pass away from COVID. And even when I was busy taking care of others, I never once took responsibility for not being able to meet all of her demands. That put my career goals to the test. Finding our purpose in the new post-pandemic normal would be difficult for many of us.


T3. How will find or continue your purpose in the new post pandemic normal?

I had a lot of thoughts and insights after seeing how we survived this pandemic and, hopefully, a post-pandemic future. Our most effective ally in restoring post-pandemic normalcy has been adaptation. The idea is straightforward, but execution is much more challenging. On March 12, 2022, at 9 p.m., the # HealthXPh tweetchat will cover this topic. Join us and express your ideas in Manila!




Read Article:






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why is COVID-19 killing Filipino healthcare professionals?

The Top 10 Podcasts for Women's Health

Make Your Own Herbal Remedies with Plants You Grow! 20 Medicinal Herbs to Grow in Your Healing Garden